Bilston College was established with the main aim of welfare of the general public in the Community and as an independent college of higher education and corporate training which specialises in a range of vocational and professional open courses and Multi-Languages and skills course to meet the demand of public and Community.
Bilston Community College Trust is a registered educational charity and has a strong heritage in learning. With a buzz that sets it apart, BCCT is proud to be recognised for its exceptional customer service and friendly approach. We're a values based company and our values are at the heart of everything we do.
Bilston College Trust was set up to serve and meet the needs of the local community. The purpose was to offer skills, advise, education and training to an economically deprived community in a comfortable and relaxed setting.
Bilston College Trust is open to all the community, offering informal learning and accredited courses in an encouraging learning environment. Class sizes are kept small and consistent, creating a friendly and easy going atmosphere for all clients and students. The College staff are dedicated to meeting the varying needs of their student users.
- Legal support and guidance.
- Money matters.
- Housing allocations (Choice based Lettings).
- Combating domestic violence and other family issues.
- Building a personal career portfolio.
- Self-esteem and confidence building self help group.
Mission of the organisation is to:
- Provide education to adults and young.
- Promote education and learningamongst hard to reach communities.
- Promote cohesion and understanding.
- Promote the teaching of religion and faith.
- Help engage hard to reach communities.
- Improve the well-being and quality of life for the local community.
Professional Standing & Recognition
The College is working with the variety of well-known organisations, companies and the professional awarding bodies including, NCFE, OTHM , EDI,AABPS and Pearson B Tech.
- The College is accredited by ISI (Independent School Inspectorate) and approved body for Education Oversight Inspection of Private Further Education and English Language Colleges.
- The College is an accredited centre of a number of well-known organisation in UK and worldwide.
- Such status is cogent evidence of the college’s commitment to high quality standards in respect of teaching, learning, regulatory compliance and administrative processes.
The College offers courses in the following disciplines
- Hotel Management
- Health & Social Care
- All academic staff have recognised UK teaching qualifications which is a mandatory requirement of the College. The normal diet of lectures and seminars are regularly supplemented by guest lectures and workshops given by industry experts on contemporary topics and issues germane to the course syllabuses.
- Given that College courses are vocationally orientated, considerable emphasis is placed upon recruiting academic staff who in addition to having good academic qualifications are professionally qualified with business/practice experience. This is because the College strongly believes that student engagement is strongest when academic principles are taught from a practical perspective.