The aim is to provide high-quality learning opportunities through a flexible qualification at Level 6 that prepares for progression to higher level study, or within a middle manager role. The objective is to develop theoretical concepts relating to business management studies which can be examined externally and which focus on the breadth and depth of managing modern business environments, in both generic and specific areas.
Academic: Level 5 Diploma in Management or relevant UK Level 6 qualification or equivalent overseas qualification as recognized by UK NARIC.
Work experience and age: Mature students (over 21) with five years relevant work experience, including three years with the team leadership or managerial experience.
English: If you are not from the United Kingdom or a majority English-speaking country you must provide evidence that you are competent in English language at a minimum of CEFR level B2 from recognized English test provider.
Assessments of student works are mainly through assignments. Details of The submission of assignments are shown in the assignment briefs. The assignment briefs also provide the deadlines for which assessments must be submitted. The assignments are submitted in both hardcopies and through the e-portal. Students must also keep their works and receipts confirming the submission of assignments. So in the event of student work being lost, the student will be required to produce a copy of the work and submission receipt. If the student is unable to do so, their work will not be marked.Modules are typically assessed by individual assessment.
Intended Course Learning Outcomes:
By the end of the qualification, learners will be able to:
- Understand current issues in the Health and Social Care.
- Understand how to effectively communicate with other Health and Social Care professionals.
- Effectively progress into a management position within the Health and Social Care industry.
- Understand how Health and Social care organisations use strategic marketing to improve the quality and provision of care.
- Understand how to and the impact of decision making from a manager’s viewpoint.
- Identify the principles of social work and human physiology.
- Identify a research topic that is applicable to a workplace setting.
- Understand and critique counselling tools and techniques in Health and Social Care.